tiistai 24. syyskuuta 2013

Pastel Goth - What's going on in this candy-coated darkness?

"This crowd has the angst of goth kids, the attitude of punks, and the creepy sweetness of little girl ghosts..."*

Yes, thats me.


"Whether it came from watching Christina Ricci tear off doll heads as Wednesday Addams, or from waves of the dream-pop music scene, pastel goth has risen from the depths of a cotton candy-colored hell, and it’s leaving a shiny monster trail of followers."*

Oh, yes, YES that's me!


"It has the attitude of gutter punks in London and the cutesy aesthetic of Harajuku girls. Pastel goth is a style that is here to stay, and it has taken the most extreme polar opposites and created an interesting attitude along with a dynamic new fashion look." *

YES YES YES !!!!! Going ballistic here, people.



*quotes from By  , chaos-mag.com .

Allthough I don´t never ever wanna categorise myself, everything said above is me. Once again being me just the way I am is fashionable. :) When I found those great and insp. words they were actually talking about Pastel Goths, style that is now so popular along with Nu Goths and Pastel Grunge. I´m not any of those, no inverted crosses, dark symbols/pentagrams or words like "WHORE", "SLUT" or "CUNT" for me! I think those "items" even represent questionable taste, especially when these styles are worn by people at very young age. But if you drop these out, non the less becouse your'e a Believer like me (so never ever the statussymbol of these styles, the inverted cross) , can you still be a Pastel goth? (Also creepers are just guite ugly, and they will be the thing after ten years when people look at their old pictures and think "did I REALLY dressed like that and use those shoes?!" Believe me, I saw the rise and fall of the 90's "Spice Girls shoes" and clothing as well, like skirts over jeans etc. Not a pretty sight! :)

But this is today and in fashion now, so why not just give it try? Let´s jump into a mixing bowl of pastel and darkness and let´s see what comes out!




So is that a Pastel Goth? People may think of me as one when I walk on the street but on the otherhand when I am in lolita they ask if I am "Anime Girl or Manga Girl" what ever that even means...So who knows? Let's just enjoy the dressing up game, and love the style as it is.

-FreakyAngel